Friday 21 June 2013

Summer 2013 Part 1

Hi Crew,

Summer is half over already!

The last two weeks have been one graduation ceremony after the next. Steven, Justin, and Ryan all graduated within 5 days of each other. So what's next for our heroes? Steven has moved back down to Calgary to start his residency at the new South Calgary Health Campus, Justin leaves for Taiwan in August to teach ESL, and Ryan has decided to move to Lethbridge with me in the fall.

In other fun news, Jason just got back from a trip to South Korea and Japan. It started as a work/school conference in South Korea where he presented a poster of his research and snowballed from there.

All this travel makes me jealous... which is why I have jumped on the invitation to go to Virginia with my dad and step mom this year. I leave in 8 days and will be gone for just over a week. In August, I will also be doing an annual camping trip with friends and then attending a family reunion in Missouri before spending a few days over in California. It's not Europe but it'll do :-)

In the meantime, I've just been working away. As always, nothing inspires returning to education quite like temporary summer jobs. I've been filling my evenings with my latest addiction: Hot Yoga. Ohhhhhhmigosh. Who would've thought sweating it out in a 35C room would be not only enjoyable but addictive? I went once, took the next day off to see how I was feeling, and then went the next three days consecutively. It is the single most incredible workout I have ever experienced in my life. The whole holistic approach to exercise, incredible teachers, a great facility near my house, solid results, and an enthusiastic partner in crime has made this one of the greatest physical activity opportunities I have had to date. If I had to pick right now, I'd say the discovery of this studio has been the greatest part of my summer so far and will be the thing I miss most when I'm back in Lethbridge where hot yoga is extremely limited.

Of course, summer is filled with lots of small things to look forward to. This weekend there is a housewarming party, a graduation party for a friend who just finished optometry (and was super lucky and got to do a practicum in Stockholm), an anniversary, and hot yoga before hosting a friend of mine who is in town for Sunday night.

Now if only the rain would stop. The only thing missing this summer has been the sun.

Cheers,

Jacqueline

At Justin's Grad: Some things never change :)



No comments:

Post a Comment