Tuesday 3 September 2013

One more go around...

Hello Everyone!

Back in the bridge and back to blogging!

School starts on Wednesday. I have 8 courses left in my degree and will knock four off in each semester. This first semester will consist mostly of night classes which will be strange to get used to after a summer of 9:00 am - 5:30 pm work days.

Summer highlights included: family trips to Virginia, Missouri, and California, hiking with friends, lots of time out at the farm, lots of hot yoga, biking, getting last second passes to the international fireworks competition finale, and time with my brothers (incoming and outgoing).

There are two major factors that are going to make this year particularly interesting.

  1. I finally sucked it up and bought a car. Or rather, a car was practically given to me. The bf got a new car and is selling his old one to me for next to nothing. It is going to be quite a different experience having such mobility and freedom after 22 years of being restricted to wherever I could walk, bike, or bus to.
  2.  The bf is moving down to Lethbridge. He's finishing one more work tour and then will join me for 8 months here before we decide what our next move is. 
My goals for this post-secondary victory lap are to maintain my GPA, get a good gig volunteering, get heavy into the Lethbridge hot yoga scene, and make lots of time for my family down here - because after this, I'm outta here!

I'll keep you posted.

Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment