Tuesday 7 May 2013

Summer Kick Off 2013

Hi Friends,

I have settled back home in Calgary for the summer and really look forward to spending the next four months with family and friends in the city. I'm working as an optometric assistant this summer and have had my first 5 shifts already. Lots to learn but should be quite manageable. The fantastic news is that it is close to my house, the hours are steady, and the pay is good. Unfortunately, that means that my days off are a little wonky  and not always consecutive but that's okay. It just means my work weeks get broken up a little more :)

I've been back in Calgary for a total of 6 days and already managed to get out on a 5 hour hike in Kananaskis country and been walking and biking through Fish Creek Provincial Park. My goal is to be outside and active as much as possible this summer. The boyfriend got a new canoe as a grad gift and we're already planning some pretty neat trips. Apparently there is an island in the middle of a nearby river that is a campground. Pretty tempting! Sounds like the annual camping trip with my high school friends will happen too. Otherwise, the only big trip planned this summer is a family reunion in Missouri.

Booo. I was going to upload some pictures from the hike yesterday but apparently I have left the connector cable for my camera in Lethbridge. I'll figure something out later.

As for the semester... finished up great. Got marks that far exceeded my expectations in every subject. Quite a little ego boost as I head into my final year.

Cheers,

Jacqueline


No comments:

Post a Comment